Mineral crystal glass mirror is a kind of watch mirror material, usually ordinary crystal glass is polished and then strengthened in hardness, but the hardness is still inferior to sapphire crystal mirror. Mineral crystal glass is called artificial crystal. Due to the scarcity and difficulty of mining natural crystal, it cannot meet people’s needs, so artificial crystal glass was born. Due to its high transparency, it can be made into various handicrafts and is greatly favored by the world. Mineral crystal glass is made of silicon (Silica) and lead oxide (other materials such as potassium oxide, barium oxide, etc.) are used for subsequent lead-free crystals, which makes the crystal particularly shiny. quality.
Difference Between Mineral Crystal Glass and Synthetic Glass
Mineral crystal glass and synthetic glass look very similar, but are two completely different substances. The main differences are in the following five aspects:
1. Different materials: mineral crystal glass is a crystal of silica, synthetic glass is just a molten mixture containing silica.
2. Different effects: synthetic glass only has a decorative effect, and mineral crystal glass has a piezoelectric effect in addition to its decorative effect, which has a special health care effect.
3. Different prices: The unit price of mineral crystal glass is several times or even dozens of times higher than that of synthetic glass.
4. different physical properties
(1) Mineral crystal glass is a crystalline body with high hardness (Mohs level 7), while the hardness of synthetic glass is lower (Mohs level 5.5). Mineral crystal glass can draw marks on synthetic glass, and vice versa. can not.
(2) Mineral crystal glass is a crystalline body with good thermal conductivity. It feels cold when licked with the tip of the tongue, while synthetic glass appears warm.
(3) Differentiated by polarizer, mineral crystal glass can transmit light, but synthetic glass cannot.
(4) The high-quality mineral crystal glass is clear and translucent when looking at the light, there are no small bubbles and no water marks in it, so it is expensive. Therefore, the quality level and price of mineral crystal glass are very related.
5. Different processing techniques: synthetic glass can be hot-cast, saving materials and labor, and low cost. Mineral crystal glass is a crystalline body, which cannot be reversed after heating and melting, so it cannot be formed by hot casting, but only by cold working methods such as cutting and grinding.